If you haven't already taken the steps to connect HubSpot to Sendoso, start here, and then come back to this article.
Now that you have connected HubSpot to Sendoso you can create a touch to be triggered! Automated sending via HubSpot is done directly out of workflows.
Creating the Touch
To start, you are going to create a new touch from the Touches page.
Now, select the item you would like to send. You can send all touch types with HubSpot (excluding Amazon sends.)
After you have selected the touch type, you'll arrive at the "Touch Details" section. For 'Touch Type', select Triggered sending based on Integration. Once you choose to trigger the send, you'll be presented with a few options:
- Require Approval: This will allow you to add an extra layer of safety for triggered sends. Read more about our require approval feature here.
- Funding Source: All triggered sends are charged to a funding source. Select the appropriate funding source for this send.
- Address Confirmation: Sendoso allows you to send address confirmation with your triggered touch so the recipient can confirm/update their address. At the moment, the address confirmation stays active for 2 days and can not be updated for a longer duration.
- You can also elect to cancel the package if they don't update their address, or have it sent anyways.
- Allow Senders to Add Funds: This will allow your triggered send to continue to run, even after your funding source balance hits $0. It will generate an invoice or credit card charge depending on how your funding source is set up.
Upon clicking next, you'll get a pop-up window. Choose HubSpot and click next.
Here you will be able to choose either "Workflow Extension" or "Webhook" as the HubSpot Integration Type.
Choosing the Workflow Extension will give you a touch key. Copy the touch key, we'll need this to enter into the workflow.
After you have copied the touch ID, click next.
Want to use a webhook instead? Choose Webhook as the HubSpot Integration Type and copy the URL & App ID to be added to HubSpot.
Choosing the Webhook trigger method will also require you to map HubSpot properties. Sendoso will auto-map the default HubSpot properties, however, make sure these are the fields you want to leverage for this send. *Note, phone number and tax ID are not required for US addresses*
If the gift you are sending includes the ability to send a personalized message, you'll see text to Edit template with a custom message.
When editing your message, you'll have the ability to pull in HubSpot fields to make the message personalized to the recipient. Once you have completed your message, click Save.
Then, you will specify who receives the delivery email alerts and who receives the errors if a trigger fails. At the moment, you can only choose yourself or enter an email address for the notifications with a HubSpot touch.
The final step is specifying which Salesforce campaign you would like to push this info to.
Questions on Salesforce campaign creation? Check out our Best Practices guide!
Not applicable or ready to move on? Continue on to our How Do I Add Sendoso to a HubSpot Workflow? article.