Sendoso has taken another step forward in helping you track the ROI of your sends by adding the ability to create Salesforce campaigns while creating touches in Sendoso's platform.
*Permissions to create Salesforce campaigns is required from your account settings in Salesforce*
How does it work?
During the "Tracking" step of touch creation, previously you would need to open Salesforce and create the campaign there, then search for the campaign from within Sendoso. With this new upgrade, you'll still have this option, but you'll have a new button available to "Create New Campaign".
In doing so, you will be presented with standard campaign creations options - Campaign Name, Start Date, End Date, Campaign Type, and if you'd like to associate it with a parent campaign.
Once the campaign is created, Sendoso will create the Campaign Member Statuses that go alongside the Sendoso delivery process and will push the cost of the campaign to Salesforce for ROI tracking!
Please note that the option will not be available if the synced user does not have permission to create campaigns in Salesforce.
Alternatively, there is another approach and that is creating the campaigns in Salesforce and please proceed to follow these steps.
- Create a new campaign type in Salesforce and title it "Sendoso or Direct Mail" (you may also want an "eGift" campaign type)
- Create a new campaign for each touch that is created in Sendoso. Use "Sendoso" in the campaign naming convention.
- For every new direct mail campaign, create these member status values to map over during touch creation to reflect where each lead/contact is in the send journey:
- For eGift campaigns:
*Please note that your campaign must be 'Active' in Salesforce*
- Map these newly created Salesforce Campaign Member Statuses to the corresponding statuses in Sendoso on the "Tracking" page of touch creation:
- Utilize the "Additional Salesforce Tracking" fields to map "Total $ Spent on Campaign" to the Campaign Object>Actual Cost in Campaign. This helps with ROI tracking.