- Setup Process
Sendoso allows you to take a dynamic eGift URL and add it to an email template in Design Studio in Marketo, so you can add it to existing nurture campaigns and other automated forms of email outreach. This allows you to use the full design tools in Marketo.
From the Sendoso side:
- Navigate to https://app.sendoso.com/touches > Create New Touch
- Choose the touch type you'd like to send (eGift Category you'd like to send) > Next Step
- Choose whether you would like the recipient to receive a specific egift or choose between several options, then choose the amount > Next Step
- Enter your touch name, choose the touch type "triggered sending based on integration", choose your funding source > Next Step
- Choose the Marketo logo to select that as your Integration > Next Step
- Insert Marketo Client ID, Marketo Client Secret, and Base URL(follow below steps to capture this information)
1. Click on Admin:
2. Click on LaunchPoint:
3. Click on New Service:
4. Enter in the New Service details:
Display Name: Sendoso
API Only User: select your own user*
*Marketo’s REST APIs are authenticated with 2-legged OAuth 2.0. Client IDs and Client Secrets are provided by custom services that you define. Each custom service is owned by an API-Only user which has a set of roles and permissions which authorize the service to perform specific actions. An access token is associated with a single custom service. Access token expiration is independent of tokens associated with other custom services that may be present in an instance. To create a new API Only User, click here.
5. After creating, click on View Details:
6. After creating a new service Copy/Paste the Client ID and Client Secret into Sendoso:
The Base URL can be found by clicking Admin > Web Services:
8. Copy/Paste the REST API Endpoint URL (without the "/rest") into the Enter Base URL input box in Sendoso:
*Note- yours will most likely be different than the URL above.
- Copy the eGift URL presented to you after Testing your Sync with valid Client ID, Client Secret, and Base URL > Next Step
*If this process is not complete or accurate the following will be the result for your recipients*
- Map a Salesforce Campaign if you'd like to track the data back to Salesforce > Next Step
- Do not restrict the touch to any team > Finish touch.
From the Marketo side:
- Open Marketo, access your "Design Studio"
- Once in your Design Studio, click the "New" button and select "New Email."
- Name your email, choose your template, and select "Create"
- From this point, you control your branding and messaging and who the email will come from. Sendoso is only a link that you can add to the existing structure. In this example, I put the egift behind a "Call to Action" button:
If the following error 'Email is not verified' results then the following will solve this issue. No, send activity is created in Sendoso when this error is shown.
- All Marketo emails containing the eGift link must be live and not test emails
- Egift URL must be hyperlinked in the email template
- Recipients must exist as contacts/leads with Marketo.
- The URL cannot have any augmentation. Any changes will result in no send activity and inactive eGift links for your recipients.
- Within Marketo - if clients are using any of the modular templates that are part of the launch pack, there is a global entry for tracking params in the template. This 'feature' appends params to buttons IF params are added. Otherwise, it's a harmless '?' that is appended to the URL. Removal is easy within the template (removing the string of variables and the input fields).
If the following error 'Invalid URL!' results then the following will solve this issue. No, send activity is created in Sendoso when this error is shown.
- Touch must be active.
- Valid Client ID, Client Secret, and Base URL is used in Touch setup
- Recipient email cannot have a 'plus sign modifier' in it. The plus modifier is not handled properly within the dynamic link redirect and an unmodified email address must be used.