What can this feature do?
- Make senders aware of each inventoried send's total cost (physical item cost + Sendoso charges)
- Control sender spend by the total cost of inventoried sends instead of only Sendoso charges
Note: This feature is still in beta testing. If you'd like to enable it, please reach out to our Send Squad or your CSM.
How does it work?
During the send creation, the user will be presented with the total cost ($9 = $2 for the item + $7 Sendoso Charge Estimate) upon touch selection to raise their awareness of the total cost.
If the send is paid by a user's balance:
- Sendoso deducts the total cost (item cost + Sendoso charges) from the user's balance
- Sendoso also immediately credits the item cost back to the user's team's default funding source
If the send is paid directly by a funding source:
- Sendoso deducts the total cost (item cost + Sendoso charges) from the designated funding source
- Sendoso immediately credits the item cost back to (please specify which option with our Send Squad or your CSM)
- option 1 - account default funding source
- option 2 - sender's team's funding source
If the send is subsequently canceled, all the billing activities above will be reverted.
How do I set it up?
In order to set it up, you must be a Manager or Admin user within Sendoso. Additionally, only physical products, stationery, and alcohol products can have this feature on. To get started, head to the Inventory tab and select Add Product. Then, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Add the item cost to "Cost Per Item" during product creation/update
Step 2: Check the box underneath the "Cost Per Item" box to enable Item Cost Refund for each product
If you added an amount in "Cost Per Item" but chose not to enable Item Cost Refund, this amount will still show up in certain reports. Feel free to reach out to our Send Squad to help you walk you through it!
Note: For multi-style bundles, please set parent and child products with the same "Cost Per Item" to avoid confusion.
How will it show up in Analytics?
On the Analytics tab, when you click on the ($X) of a send record, you will find a line item "Product Costs Paid Back to Account Owner" showing the item cost.