Add an Address or Domain to Safe Senders in Outlook
Option #1: To add an address or domain to the safe sender's list in Outlook:
- Select Actions > Junk E-mail > Junk E-mail Options from the menu in Outlook.
- Go to the Safe Senders tab.
- Click Add.
- Type the email address or domain name you want to whitelist.
- Single address example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete domain example: sendoso.com
- To make sure subdomains are not whitelisted automatically when you add a domain, including the @ sign — for example, @example.com. In this case, mail from email@example.com will not be whitelisted.
Option #2: if you already have a message from the sender you can add it to the safe senders list in your Outlook Inbox:
- Open a message from the sender (or a sender at the domain) you want to add to safe senders.
- Select Actions > Junk E-mail > Add Sender to Safe Senders List or Add Sender's Domain to Safe Senders List.
How to whitelist an email address with Gmail
Sign in to your account at Gmail.com and do the following.
- Add the address to your contacts
Add the email address that is sending you emails (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) to your Gmail Contacts. Google will usually deliver emails from addresses that are in your Contacts.
Mark messages as ‘Not spam’
If Gmail has marked emails you wish to whitelist as spam, tell Gmail the emails are not spam.
- In Gmail, navigate to the spam folder.
- Search for emails containing the domain you wish to whitelist (email@example.com).
- Select all the emails shown.
- Click More and then Not spam.
Create a filter for the address
Create a filter to tell Google to whitelist email from a domain.
- Click the cog icon in the top-right corner, and then Settings
- Click on Filters and then Create a new filter
- enter the domain of the email you want to whitelist in the From field or
- enter the email address of the group you want to whitelist in the To field
- Click Create filter with this search
- In the box headed When a message arrives that matches this search select Never send it to spam
- Click the Create filter button