If you're planning on sending items from your own personal inventory, you'll first need to create those products in the Sendoso app. Here's a quick guide to everything you need to know to start creating your own products in the system!
For additional training on adding your own products, check out this Sendoso University course!
Here's a list of products you are able to create:
- Physical Products: Here you can create all physical inventory that will be shipped to one of our warehouses for Sending. We’ve added flexibility so you can add all varieties of physical items to your inventory—from clothing to mugs to notebooks and more.
- Print On Demand: Create print-on-demand and custom printing for your notecards.
- Custom Shipping Material: Add shipping materials to the warehouse.
- Custom Notecards: Notecards are designed to have handwritten text added.
- Order Branded Merchandise: Source and customize branded merchandise and ship it to a Sendoso warehouse.
For this article, we'll go through making Physical Products.
Let's Get Started!
Click Next to go through each step!
Navigate to the Inventory tab and click + Create New Products and select the type of product you'd like to add. We'll be showing you how to create T-Shirts with multiple sizes to be added to your inventory.
Then, select Physical Product from the screen below and then select Next:
Enter the Physical Product Type
Here you can select one of our pre-determined product categories and subcategories. For this example, we've chosen Apparel and then Shirts as shown below
Enter Product Details
Enter the product details including the Product Title, Cost, Product Image, and other optional fields, and then click Next.
- Product Name: Be as specific as possible when naming your products, it will make it much easier for you to keep track of inventory if you know that "Sushi Case Study" is out of stock vs "White Paper 1".
- Cost Per Item: For items that you send through the Sendoso warehouse, we will only charge you for Postage, handwritten notes, and the cost of Packaging Materials. However, if you want to inflate the costs to the senders, then we can charge them an additional cost for sending one item over another. (Please reach out to your CS resource for more info.)
- For example: instead of charging $15 for shipping a Patagonia jacket, you inflate the price by $50 and that money gets refunded back to your funding source.
- Product Image and Product Icon: This is what gets displayed in our warehouse for receiving purposes and for your end-users. It's a great idea to include a photo so that your users can see a photo of what they are going to send.
Enter your Product Variants (if applicable)
Here you can select the different variations your product has. For example, if you have t-shirts, you can enter the colors, sizes, materials, and gender of your t-shirts. Each unique combination will create a separate product.
If your product doesn't have any variations, select Single Item and then click Next. This is great for things like one-colored mugs, notebooks, and things that do not vary by color, material, gender, etc.
- Enter the Shipping Information
Here you can enter the number of items per package, the warehouse you'll be shipping from, and whether or not you'll be shipping this internationally or domestically only.
If international, you'll be asked to enter the Country of Origin. This helps categorize the type of product you're entering for customs when your Send is crossing borders. We'll pre-populate an HS Code* relying on the information you've already provided, however, you are free to enter an HS Code as well. Then click Next.
*The Harmonized System (HS) is the primary resource for determining tariff (customs duties) classifications for goods imported into the United States. HS Codes are 6-digit numbers used to classify individual products. You can click here for an HS code search: USITC HS Code Search.
Once you click save, you're all set to start sending your products to our Sending Fulfilliment Center. Here is a best practice guide on how to send in items.