After you’ve added products to your account, you’ll now need to send those items to one of our Sending Fulfillment Centers (SFCs.) Once the SFC receives your items, they will add them to your Inventory on Sendoso and you’ll be one step closer to setting up your Touches.
Whenever you want to send something to one of the Sendoso SFCs, you will need to create a Ship Notice. Our SFCs receive hundreds of packages a day, so having a unique ship notice number on your shipping label is crucial for the timely receiving of your items.
Before we walk you through how to create a Ship Notice, please keep these points in mind:
- Be sure to take the relevant Sendoso University Courses on this process
- Be sure to first add your products to your account
- You have to have Admin or Manager permissions to complete this process. For more information about Roles and Permissions, click here
- You will need a unique ship notice for every shipment you send to our SFC. You may use the same Ship Notice for multiple boxes in a shipment, but be sure to put the Ship Notice on each box
- Be sure to package your items according to these requirements
- Check out the FAQs at the bottom of this article for additional information
Now, let’s go through the process of creating a Ship Notice.
Log in and click on the Inventory Tab, this view will give you a comprehensive view of all the products you have across our Sending Fulfillment Centers. You can use the Warehouse filter to narrow down the view to a specific warehouse location.
Scroll down to the All Inventory section, find the item you're shipping to the SFC and click on the +Add Inventory button to get started with creating a Ship Notice.
Select the items that you are planning on sending over, how many items, and the image for that product.
Some quick notes on product images:
- If a photo is already associated with an item, that photo will appear in a small icon for review
- Managers can choose to re-upload a different photo if they desire
- If there is no photo associated with an item, then we will require a photo to be submitted before creating the shipping notice
If you are sending multiple items in the same shipment, then you can click on Add new item to this shipment to include the additional items.
Once you click Create Ship Notice you'll get a pop-up with the relevant Sending Fulfillment Center information and your unique ship notice number.
Make sure that you include the SN # on your shipping label so we can track and inventory your items quickly when they arrive in the SFC.
Below is an example Ship Notice Report:
Packaging Requirements for Shipments to the SFC
Please keep these things in mind when packing your items:
1. All packages coming to the Sendoso Sending Fulfillment Center must have a corresponding Ship Notice on the Sendoso app.
2. Cartons must only contain 1 SKU. If multiple items are being sent to the Sending Fulfillment Center, unique items must be in their own box
- i.e. if a Ship Notice is created containing 50 pens and 50 water bottles, the pens should be placed in a box and the water bottles should be placed in a separate box. Both boxes will need to have the Ship Notice attached to them.
3. Cartons must sufficiently protect contents.
4. Cartons may not exceed 50 lbs unless one single shippable unit exceeds 50 lbs itself. Cartons containing a single item over 50 lbs must be clearly labeled "Heavy Weight" on the top and sides.
5. The only acceptable perishables are shelf-stable, non-produce items that are individually wrapped (cookies, brownies, candy packs).
- Sendoso is not liable for products melting in storage or transit. Fresh produce (i.e fruit bags) or frozen items will be destroyed immediately. Products that expire must include the expiration date on the master carton and on the individual units.
- Expiration dates must be displayed in the format MM-DD-YYYY or MM-YYYY.
6. One shippable unit that is made up of multiple loose items (a 6-pack of Red Bulls or 3-pack of golf balls in a case) must be clearly marked with “Ship 6-pack as 1 unit” on the packaging.
7. If sending in apparel items, the item description must clearly state the style (V-neck, crew neck, etc), color, and gender, if applicable.
8. On the Ship Notice, each color, size, and style must be listed separately
- i.e. a Small Black Women’s T-shirt and a Medium Black Women’s T-shirt should be listed separately on the same Ship Notice.
Required: Each carton must arrive with a shipping label and Ship Notice either printed on it or affixed to it, in a location and condition that is easily visible and scannable.
Required: Each shipping label must clearly display the following information:
- Ship Notice Number
- To: Sendoso
- Address of the Warehouse: (100 N 61st Avenue. Phoenix, AZ 85043)
- From: (Your Company’s Name)
- Carton # (#__________ of total #__________)
- Quantity (number of units contained within carton)
Q: How long will it take for my items to reflect in my Inventory tab once received by the SFC?
A: Our receiving SLA is 4-6 days, but please note that shipments sent without ship notices could take upwards of 3 weeks to get inventoried.
Q: What if I can’t find my product on the Inventory tab?
A: If you do not see the item listed that you want to send us please contact the Sendoso Support team here.
Q: Can I contact the SFC directly?
A: If you need to contact the SFC for any reason, please reach out to the Support Team for assistance.
Q: Can I send alcohol to any SFC?
A: No. The only SFC able to store alcohol is the Beverage-US SFC in California USA.
Q: What happens if I accidentally shipped alcohol to an SFC that cannot store it?
A: In the event that any form of alcohol is shipped to one of our SFCs where we are not able to inventory or send them, these items will be destroyed.
Q: What happens if I forgot to include a Ship Notice in a shipment to the SFC or if I need to edit a Ship Notice?
A: If you forgot to include a Ship Notice or need to edit one for any reason, please contact our Support Team to let them know.
Q: How many copies of a Ship Notice will I need to print for a shipment with multiple items?
A: It depends on how many different items you are shipping. Each item will need its own box and each box will need a copy of the Ship Notice.
For example, if you’ve created a Ship Notice with 50 pens, 50 shirts, and 50 notebooks, you will need 3 boxes and 3 copies of the Ship Notice. Each box will need a copy of the Ship Notice attached.