Here's a step by step guide to creating a touch within Sendoso! In addition, here's a 5-Minute Video walkthrough in you prefer :)
Step one: Log in and navigate to the Touches tab and click on the "Create New Touch" option
Step Two: Select the touch from a variety of options (Note: any physical items must be sent to our warehouse prior to creating the touch. Here's a best practice's guide on how to send items in)
Step Three: Follow the steps to complete the touch creation process. You may need to select items (physical sends) or options for different touches.
Step Four: You will need to fill in a few details on this page, below is a break down of each field:
- Touch Name (Internal) - This is the display name that you want to be shown on the touch page
- Display Name (for Sender) - Similar to the Touch Name (Internal), you can choose a different name to display to senders, we recommend changing the name of the touch so that it's clear to senders what this touch entails.
- Touch Type - There are two different touch types:
- Manual touches are the ones that you want your users to be able to send. These touches will be displayed in their "Send" tab and this is primarily used for one to one sends.
- Triggered touches are sends that happen in the background and are hidden from users. For example, you can choose to set up a touch to trigger when an SFDC rule is met or when an Influitive reward is redeemed.
- Charge Cost to -
- Senders Balance - If you select to charge the sender's balance then we will automatically deduct and costs for this send from the user's individual account balance.
- Funding Source - If you select to charge a funding source, then we will pull the costs for the send from the unused balance of the associated funding source.
Step Five: This step allows you to map the touch to a Salesforce campaign. This is optional but great for tracking information to track ROI and map Campaign Member Statuses to Sendoso Statuses. (Note: Custom Campaign Member statuses must be created first in the Salesforce Campaign page "Advanced Setup" section and the Campaign needs to be marked as "Active" in SFDC in order for it to show up in Sendoso).
Step Six: Done! All that's left is to assign this touch to groups. Remember, all touches must be assigned to groups in order to be used by "Regular" users.