By default, all inventory sends have a 3-5 business day processing timeframe. However, you can set up custom shipping methods to give senders the ability to decide if they want to expedite shipping a direct mailer or gift that may be important or time-sensitive.
This feature is fully customizable per Touch, however, it's not available for Sendoso Direct Touches.
Note that this only expedites the time in transit and not the processing timeframe.
You're able to set up custom Shipping Method settings when you create a new Touch, or by editing an existing Touch.
Customizing Shipping Methods on a new Touch
1. If you create a new warehouse touch, you'll see the option to adjust the shipping methods under the Touch Details step:
2. You can decide if you want to set the default shipping method for all senders and you can allow the sender to choose the preferred shipping method at the time of sending.
By default, the shipping method is "Sendoso Optimized Shipping." This method looks at the package size/weight and the recipient's address destination and determines the optimal carrier based on cost/time.
If you need to expedite the time in transit, you can allow senders to choose options like two-day or overnight shipping.
3. If you decide to let the Sender select the shipping method then the sender will have the drop-down shipping option enabled:
Updating an existing touch
You're also able to update an existing inventory touch to update the Shipping Method settings.
- Navigate to the Touches page
- Locate the Touch you'd like to edit and click the three dots all the way to the right and click Edit
- Click Next Step through to the Touch Details section and edit the Shipping Method section
- Click Next Step all the way through to the end to save the existing Touch